MechPro offers NDT Services at their Seattle based Service Center
Dye Penetrant Testing (DPT) process:
- After the plates have been properly cleaned and dried.
- The plates are brought into the spray booth area where the dye gets sprayed on one side only.
- After the dye is applied the plates are stacked to allow the dye to work into the material.
- Plates are then moved to the dark room area where black fluorescent lights are used to identify the pin holes or cracks.
- All pin holes and cracks are marked with a black felt permanent marker.
- Dye is washed off.
- Plates are dried.